UVC In-Line Clarifier
UVC In-Line Clarifier
UVC In-Line Clarifier eliminates suspended bacteria and algae for a clear and healthy aquarium. It quickly and easily connects to most canister filters.
106/206/306/406 Canister Filter
107/207/307/407 Canister FilterNot compatible with your product? Find the Right Part
- A chemical-free and maintenance-free way to clarify water
- Eradicates suspended bacteria and algae in the water column that contribute to cloudy and green water, respectively
- Helps prevent the growth of cyanobacteria that often smothers and destroys aquatic plants
- Does not harm beneficial, surface-dwelling bacteria
- Condensed design redirects water flow up, down and around the bulb to maximize contact time for effective clarification
- CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light) technology runs cooler than traditional UVC bulbs to last up to 30,000 hours (3X longer)
- Easily fits within aquarium cabinetry without cluttering existing filtration setup
- Quickly connects in-line to all canister filter hosing with an internal diameter of 5/8” (or 16mm), including all Fluval 07 and 06 Series filters
- Multi-directional – works in either direction so there is no need to move existing filter setup
- Energy-efficient – up to 80% less expensive to operate than competitive clarifiers
- 4–24 hour timer included for optional intermittent use
- Hose connector and mounting hardware included – no additional parts required
- For use in freshwater, saltwater and even turtle aquariums where algae is often present
- 3W UVC In-Line Clarifier unit
- 18.5″ / 47 cm Ribbed hosing
- 4-24 Hour timer
- 100-240V / 24V Power supply
- 2 Mounting screws
Videos & Articles
Questions & Answers
My aquarium is cloudy and smells bad. Will the UVC clarifier help?
If the cloudiness is due to suspended bacteria or algae, the UVC clarifier will indeed clear the water, provided it is installed as instructed. To help reduce smells, the best solution is the use of activated carbon. It is also advisable to investigate the source of the odor: if it is due to decomposing organic matter make sure to remove it and perform a regular partial water changes.
Does the UVC clarifier prevent algae growth on surfaces within the aquarium?
The UVC clarifier will only neutralize suspended bacteria and algae, and as such will not prevent the growth of most algae on the aquarium glass, gravel, décor, etc. Some surface-dwelling algae species exist as spores at some life stages, however: the UVC clarifier will help prevent the growth of these species.
Will using the UVC clarifier harm the beneficial bacteria in my aquarium?
The beneficial species of heterotrophic and nitrifying bacteria in an aquarium live on surfaces in the filter, in the substrate, on plants, etc. They do not live in the water column and as such are entirely unnaffected by UVC sterilization.
Need Help? Get Answers. Visit the Support Center