Stratum substrates contain a proprietary mix of powerful nutrients, minerals and trace elements exclusively available to plants that ensures their healthy development, growth and vibrant colors.
Stratum granules are non-compacting and lightweight, which allows roots to easily develop and access the nutrients locked within them.
Maintains Ideal Water Parameters for Planted Aquariums
Supporting a neutral to slightly acidic pH, Stratum substrates are ideal for live plants as well as tropical fish and shrimp commonly kept in planted aquariums.
Stratum granules provide a natural way to soften water and reduce carbonate hardness (regular KH testing is recommended), all without staining or discoloring aquarium water.
Stratum makes an ideal alternative substrate for planted aquariums and those housing freshwater shrimp. It provides newborns with a refuge from predators until they are large enough to emerge.
Fosters Extensive Root Development
• 3-5 mm granule size optimized for plants with larger root systems
• Lightweight, non-compacting format reduces weight load on aquarium glass bottom
• For use as a main substrate or bottom layer in planted aquariums with deep roots networks
Bio-Stratum is infused with dormant BIOACTIVE Beneficial Bacteria that, once in contact with water, are activated to break down waste and kick-start the nitrogen cycle. It rapidly reduces ammonia to help stabilize water conditions in new aquariums.
Ideal for Fine and Delicate Root Systems
• Non-compacting and lightweight 1-3mm powder format granules allow the finest and most delicate roots to easily penetrate and spread throughout the porous substrate
• Ideal for use as a main substrate in smaller aquariums, or used as a top layer in larger tanks.
• Unique curing and heat treatment process helps extend soil life and ensures no parasites are present