KH/GH Test Kit
KH/GH Test Kit
Made in Canada, Fluval Test Kits accurately measure water parameters to help you maintain a balanced and healthy environment for your fish and plant life. It’s important to always test your source water as it may contain pollutants hazardous to your aquarium.
(KH) Carbonate Hardness should be tested on a regular basis as it can fluctuate over time and negatively impact the pH balance of aquarium water.
- Regular testing will quickly reveal fast depletion of KH levels in marine reef aquariums.
- Testing every 48 hours is essential in some densely populated marine reef aquariums.
- The denser the population of fish and plants, the quicker the erosion of KH values. Heavily stocked marine reefs often require alkalinity reactors to meet their requirements.
- Hardness is a major factor in the reproduction of fish requiring softer water conditions.
- Fish & nitrifying bacteria excrete CO2, leading to the formation of carbonic acid, which depletes KH values, especially in heavily stocked aquariums.
- Low KH can result in poor plant growth.
- For use in fresh and saltwater aquariums
(GH) General Hardness testing is beneficial to creating ideal water hardness conditions based on the origins of tropical fish species. It is recommended in freshwater community aquariums to not mix softwater species of tropical fish with hardwater species. It is also beneficial to understand the GH level required by tropical fish when attempting to breed them.
- Ideal for testing before adding new fish to an established aquarium
- For use in freshwater aquariums
- 1 x KH (15 ml)
- 1 x GH (10 ml)
- 1 x Pipette
- 1 x Glass test tube
- Instruction manual