FX UVC In-Line Clarifier
FX UVC In-Line Clarifier
The FX UVC In-Line Clarifier quickly and easily connects to all canister filters to eliminate suspended algae for a clear and clear aquarium. With unique CCFL technology, the FX UVC bulb runs cooler to last up to 2X longer than traditional lamps. It attacks green and cloudy water by applying powerful, DNA-destroying light emissions at a precise 253 nanometer wavelength. This natural process is chemical-free and will not affect beneficial, surface-dwelling bacterial colonies that are already established. Say goodbye to cloudy and green water forever!
- Effectively eliminates suspended algae in the water column for a crystal clear aquarium
- Compatible with Fluval FX Series filters and competitive canisters (1” to 5/8” hose adapters included)
- Unique CCFL bulb technology runs cooler than traditional lamps to last 20,000 hours (over 2 years of continuous use). Also prevents calcium build-up on quartz lens (no maintenance required)
- Energy-efficient 6W operation for powerful water clarification with lower energy costs
- Chemical-free process does not harm beneficial bacteria in the filter
- Replaceable bulb available (#A19990 – sold separately)
- Light indicator window provides visual confirmation when UVC bulb is operational
- IP44 certification safeguards unit against water ingress (splash-proof)
- Fast and easy setup with flexible mounting options – connects directly to FX output valve or horizontally/vertically on cabinet wall (universal mounting bracket included)
- Multi-directional operation – units works in either water flow direction (no need to switch existing filter setup)
- Made in Italy
- For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 400 US Gal / 1500 L
- UVC in-line clarifier
- Power supply 100-240V/24V
- Rubber elbow adapter
- Adapters for filters with 5/8″ (16 mm) diameter hosing
- Metal hose clamps
- Mounting bracket and screws
Videos & Articles
Instruction Manual & Warranty
Questions & Answers
My aquarium is cloudy. Will the FX UVC Clarifier help?
If the cloudiness is due to suspended bacteria or algae, the FX UVC Clarifier will indeed clear the water, provided it is installed as instructed. If the cloudiness is caused by fine particulate matter suspended in the water column, the use of fine filter media such as Fluval Quick-Clear is recommended.
My aquarium smells bad. Will the FX UVC Clarifier help?
To help reduce smells, the best solution is the use of activated carbon. We recommend investigating the source of the odor: if it is due to decomposing organic matter, make sure to remove it and perform regular partial water changes.
Should the FX UVC Clarifier be used in conjunction with a particular filter media?
For best results – particularly in the case of cloudy water – using fine filter media, such as Fluval Quick-Clear, in conjunction with the FX UVC Clarifier is recommended.